Franchise Industry News and Information Sources
The following is a list of publications and information sources to utilize in your business search as they provide useful insight into the franchise industry.
- Street Smart Franchising: Prepping you for what it takes to succeed in franchising
By Joe Mathews, Don DeBolt, And Deb Percival
- Franchise Bible: How to Buy a Franchise or Franchise Your Own Business
By Erwin J.Kemp
- Franchise Times: The News and information Source for Franchising
Website: www.franchisetimes.com or contact (612) 767 3200
- Franchise World: A publication of the International Franchise Association
The International Franchise Association is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide.
- MoneyQSR Magazine: Quick Service Restaurant News
- Federal Trade Commission: To prevent business practices that are anticompetitive or deceptive or unfair to consumers. For companies selling franchises and business opportunities – and entrepreneurs in the market – the FTC’s Franchise Rule and Business Opportunity Rule mandate disclosures and offer buyers certain protections. In addition, the FTC has resources to help people spot business opportunity and investment scams and avoid franchise taboos. You will find more information under Franchises, Business Opportunities and Investments.
Website: www.ftc.gov and www.consumer.ftc.gov